An innovative and exhilarating taste experience which stimulates smell and taste memory to enrich quality of life
What is AIR with Flavour?
“AIR with Flavour” allows people who are unable to eat and drink normally, the ability to taste again. It creates light airy foams, designed for people who
have difficulty swallowing and who are usually tube fed. It does not require swallowing and leaves no solids or liquid in the mouth, instead… an exhilarating taste experience.
With “Flavoured Air”, smell and taste memory can be stimulated basally through intensive flavours and aromas. This type of stimulation is mostly used in
intensive and palliative care. A person who is fed through a tube experiences no taste stimulation. Feeding them light foam with an intensive taste, which does not
need to be swallowed, opens up a new quality of life through the taste experience activated by the airy foams. This technique is known as Basal Stimulation.
Above all in the case of people recovering from a stroke or brain injury, this type of stimulation can often be the first step in the road to recovery of regaining the swallowing reflex.
AIR with Flavour foams can be created from almost any liquid with AIR Instant including: tea, coffee, juices, beer, red wine, whisky, soup and broth. Simple to use with quick and easy preparation.
The aerated foam dissolves in the mouth instantly allowing intense taste stimulus without the need for swallowing
Where can AIR with Flavour be used?
The air pump is battery-operated and can therefore be used directly at the resident’s bedside, by care staff on a ward, or by family members at home.
Who can benefit from AIR with Flavour?
- Residents with Dysphagia
- Enteral, Parental or PEG nutrition patients
- Stroke survivors
- People living with Parkinsons and Alzheimer’s disease
- Individuals with Motor Neurone disease
- Survivors of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Ladies and gentlemen at the end of life
- People with mouth and throat cancer
Why use AIR with Flavour?
- Easy and hygienic to use
- Instantly soluble, nothing is swallowed
- Suitable to be used with any type of liquid
(i.e. fruit juices, red wine, coffee, sauces, meat stock etc)
- Re-foamable up to 30 times – 1 sachet lasts for 24 hours
- Purely vegetable based, suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Free from gluten and lactose