Yayy! I’m absolutely thrilled and honoured to have been invited to present an interactive workshop, ‘To Help People with a Dementia to Eat Better’, at this year’s National Association of Care Catering (NACC) training and development forum coming up in October.
The NACC is an organisation who, for more than 30 years, has been committed to raising standards of care catering and championing the positive impact nutrition, hydration and mealtimes have on the physical and emotional health and wellbeing of the elderly and vulnerable in care settings. It unites supports and represents everyone working in and associated with catering in the UK care sector. It is recognised as a respected source of information and opinion for the dynamic and growing area of care catering.
Catering for the vulnerable and elderly is challenging and demands specialist skills and knowledge. As people age their dietary and dining needs change and become more complex. Food intolerances, reduced appetites, dysphagia and dementia, for example, must be recognised and safely catered for to remove the risk of malnutrition- and dehydration-related illnesses and provide a positive mealtime experience.
Delivering this workshop gives me the opportunity to combine several things I am absolutely passionate about:
- Sharing knowledge and experience I have gained by both working in the care sector for nearly 30 years, and also caring for my own Mum, aged 97, still living in our family home, with Vascular Dementia.
- Improving nutrition, hydration and overall health and well-being for elderly and vulnerable ladies and gents
- Helping others who are caring for ladies and gents living with a Dementia to enable them to experience more pleasurable, independent and dignified mealtimes
- Promoting dignity at mealtimes for all – regardless of age or condition
- Providing a fully integrated solution source of sound advice, best practice tips and relevant and innovative product solutions to help people live more fulfilled lives.
If you would like more information regarding this event, which I would highly recommend for all care caterers then please visit https://www.thenacc.co.uk/events/national
Keep checking in for more news and pics from this prestigious event
To receive a free copy of our Dignified Dining Solutions Guide designed to help people with a Dementia to eat better please email email@example.com